Friday, May 1, 2015

Sociopath

Some people hear the word sociopath and conjure up the image of a violent criminal. Once, I was one of them. I learned differently when I became involved with a charming, charismatic man from my past. Before I tell you my story, I’d like to clarify the definition of a sociopath. Most people confuse them with psychopathic killers, but while all psychopaths have sociopathic characteristics, sociopaths do not kill the body. They are killers of souls. Sociopaths have narcissistic tendencies that drive them to do whatever they please. They lack a sense of moral responsibility and have no conscience. The definition doesn’t come close to what lurks beneath the surface. I know because I got entangled with one. After four years, it’s hard to believe that the person I loved never really existed. He was a ghost, a person without a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment